Friday 17 February 2012

Athena Fountain Inspired Painting

This is the third painting in a series that was inspired by ancient statues.  Having two figures made this composition more challenging than the previous paintings.  It was interesting to be self-aware and notice how I was trying to avoid working on the sketching part of the process.  I managed to find chores and make phone calls and then a cup of tea..... anything to avoid beginning.  Recognizing when procrastination is the result of fear can be the key to overcoming it.  I told myself, "Just do a little, put on the collage." 


When that dried I talked myself into "Just put on the background." 



With that done I went to my painting group Tuesday and with no way to avoid it, began to measure and sketch.  Slowly this week I walked myself through to completion.
Athena Fountain
24" x 24 "
Mixed Media

It was a good example of how my thinking can really limit me.  And a reminder that I would be wise to regularly examine the self-limiting inner dialogue that runs willy-nilly through my mind.

Thank you for stopping by My Turquoise Kettle Life today.

May you have an inspirational day,

Sandra

No comments:

Post a Comment