Saturday 21 July 2012

Women's Summer Studio Continues to Grow

As the summer chugs along the Women's Summer Studio continues to grow and participants continue to inspire and amaze me with their creativity.  There seems to be an attitude of fearlessness amongst most of the artists which allows them to push, experiment and discover themselves as painters.

There are currently twenty women participating in the Studio.  What I love is how varied the energies are during different studio sessions.  Some groups are hushed, working intently while classical music whispers in the background, while others are infused with an electric energy where the group is singing along to Abba and Blue Rodeo.  What fun! 



Women's Summer Studio 2012
Women's Summer Studio 2012


What remains constant for me is a real sense of connection, respect and love for each of the women I have the honour of meeting with each week.

While I have my morning quiet time I whisper their names and ask that each of them be blessed in their lives and their creativity and that the Studio would be a fun place of nurturing, connection and artistic expression. 

There remains three weeks of Studio time.  I'm excited to see what projects will be realized before the session comes to a close.  Check back in a couple of weeks, with the artists' permission perhaps I can post photos of some of their work.

Thank you for stopping in at My Turquoise Kettle Life.

Wishing you a perfect summer day,

Sandra


No comments:

Post a Comment