Tuesday 3 January 2012

How to customize a tank top

While I was organizing/editing my wardrobe last week I came across a plain white tank top. I am a lover of white tanks, tees and shirts. This one however had only been worn a couple of times because it had almost instantly become wide and shapeless after laundering. I put it in the donate pile and then reclaimed it thinking that taking it in a couple of inches on each side would fix the problem and give me another shirt to wear to the gym.


While I was at the sewing machine I came across a bowl of red and white beads and began thinking... what if I just sewed some of these beads around the neckline of this tank... it could be interesting.

Measuring the front neckline I calculated how many white beads I had and how many red beads would go in between in order to create an almost symmetrical design.

Using regular white polyester thread (doubled) I began to thread the beads onto the needle, securing with a knot after each white bead and after each fifth red bead.

In about twenty minutes I had the beading complete.

I'm looking forward this year to creating some clothes that are more unique and personalized. If I come up with any fun ideas I'll be sure to share them with you. Likewise if you re-fashion anything from your wardrobe, please send me a photo and your how-to. 

Thank you for your visit to My Turquoise Kettle Life today.

Wishing you a day customized to your liking,

Sandra

No comments:

Post a Comment