Saturday 28 January 2012

Venus de Milo

I've had a lot of fun this week in the studio. One of the challenges that came up two weeks ago in my Tuesday morning painting group was to paint the statue Venus de Milo using acrylic paint and including newspaper collage.


I had a painting on a 30" x 36" gallery canvas that no longer pleased me so I set to work covering up the existing painting and creating a background for "Venus".  I decided to leave a lot of the background to make up the statue adding some darker and lighter areas to give her some form.  I like the loose feeling of this painting and how the subject meshes with the background.



I hauled Venus to the Tuesday morning group last week; no easy task since I walk there and the winds last Tuesday were fierce.  A large format canvas can become quite a challenge on a windy January day! Never-the-less she and I both survived the trek.  Venus even survived the mid-morning "critique" period when everyone gets a chance to put in their two-cents about what the others are painting.  All it all it was a great week.

Thank you for stopping by My Turquoise Kettle Life today.

May you have a simply beautiful day,

Sandra

No comments:

Post a Comment