Friday 11 November 2011

Wake Up Calls and Silver Linings

"My barn having burned to the ground, I can now see the moon."
Chinese Proverb

Life tends to go more smoothly when I am able to find the silver lining in what could be annoying or frustrating situations.  Take this morning for instance. I've managed to groove my morning routine so that I can wake up at 5:45 get myself ready, walk and feed the dogs and have a cup of tea and still arrive at the gym by 6:30ish.  This morning however, our darling dog Grace was making her need to use the outdoor facilities abundantly clear at 5:15. 

Heeding her wake up call, I pulled on my rubber boots and trench coat over my pj's and took both dogs out.  I was so richly rewarded. The sky was dark and the moon was so full and so huge hanging in the sky that I wanted to wake up my husband and make him come see it.  Instead I went home, got my camera and took photos until my fingers were too numb from cold to stay out any longer.  Not only was the moon spectacular, but also the way the street lights illuminated the autumn leaves was stunning.

While my photos don't do the early morning scene justice, they may give you a hint of the beauty I was privledged to experience. 

Clouds over the Moon


Moon through the trees

By the time I was home warming my hands on a cup of steaming tea, I thanked Grace for her  "wake up call", without which I would have missed out on the early morning beauty. 


Thank-you for stopping by My Turquoise Kettle Life today.

Have a silver-lining day,

Sandra





No comments:

Post a Comment