Wednesday 3 July 2013

Just an Ordinary Day

Pink Spirea
S. King-Allikas


There was nothing out of the ordinary about yesterday.  It was a Tuesday, a day that will soon slip easily into a string of days, undistinguishable from the other ordinary days that weave themselves together into the fabric that becomes my life.  Before that happens though I will be thankful for all of the blessings, I don't want to take them for granted but I so often do.

I so appreciate:
  • a phone call to my mom and dad, hearing their voices.
  • my sister's wise counsel.
  • the sound of my grandchildren's voices in the background of a conversation with my daughter.
  • an hour spent puttering in my garden.
  • the feel of the wind over my face and arms as I ride my bike.
  • the strength of my body as I run.
  • my neighbours, a wave, a small chat, a tender word.
  • food to cook and my husband to serve it to.
  • our local library brimming with books waiting to be read.
  • the colour of the night sky and the sound of the wind in the towering trees as I lay between crisp linens and drift safely to sleep.
Thank you God for every ordinary day, I will try to cherish each one.

Thank you for stopping in at My Turquoise Kettle Life today.

May you have a day to cherish,

Sandra

No comments:

Post a Comment