Thursday 17 May 2012

Finding Beauty in Today - Inspiration from Erwin McManus

On a recent afternoon my friend, Stella, and I were sharing a cup a tea and a bit of reflection on a guest speaker that we had both had the privlege of hearing last week-end.  Erwin Raphael McManus; author, filmmaker, artist, visionary and founder of Mosaic Los Angeles, spoke at River's Edge Montreal. 

While Erwin touched on many deep and relevant topics one of the ideas that captured our interest was his encouragement to find beauty in our lives.  When we begin to seek and see the beauty in our daily lives we begin to see life through a different lense, a lense of appreciation, creativity and ultimately a lense of love and hope.

While I have often written here about "soaking up everyday beauty", I appreciated the reminder that the quality of my thoughts and life may very well depend on my ability to see the beauty in the small details of my life and my willingness to express gratitude for them.

To that end (and maybe to inspire you) I am grateful for this past week's beauty of:

  • seeing my husband arrive home safely after a week of travel. 
  • the faces of my family laughing and loving as we celebrated Mother's Day together.
  • the sight and taste of chocolate cake (thanks Laura & Emily!)
  • the way my grand-daughter hugs my husband.
  • the scent of my neighbour's flowering crab apple tree in full bloom.
  • my husband's good-night kisses.
  • the colour of the morning sky at 5:30 when the dogs need to be walked.


The colour of Bleeding Hearts in the late afternoon sun



The way a curly wisp of hair escapes from under my grand-daughter's hat

See if you too can spot the beauty in today.  See it, taste it, hear it, feel it, smell it and watch it infuse your life with creativity, love and hope.

Thank you for checking out My Turquoise Kettle Life today,

Wishing you a beautiful day,

Sandra


No comments:

Post a Comment