Monday 13 April 2020

Chalk on a Sidewalk

A couple of weeks ago my grandchildren were chalking on the sidewalk in front of our home.  They were leaving messages to encourage our neighbours to "wash your hands", "smile", they drew rainbows and hearts.  I picked up a piece of chalk and wrote out, "Be kind, Be patient, Be good to yourself and to others" on a section of sidewalk. 



Two mornings later I stepped out early to walk my dog and found a note in a plastic sleeve on my balcony (see below).  I was so completely moved by the note and the sentiment of how a few simple words, chalked on a sidewalk had impacted a mom and daughter. 


Later that day I saw a woman and young girl on my driveway who seemed to be peeking up at the balcony, I opened my window and said hello and it was indeed the woman who had left the note.  She explained again how the words had turned their day around and wanted to let us know.  Since my grandchildren are very close in age to her daughter we promised that when the quarantine is over we would get together.

What a lovely reminder of the impact that a few encouraging words can have on us and on our neighbours. 

Thank you for stopping by My Turquoise Kettle Life today.

May you have a wonderful day,

Sandra


No comments:

Post a Comment