Sunday 14 May 2017

Mother May I ?

Do you remember playing the game Mother-May-I as a child? In keeping with my theme this  month, "May I", I'm reflecting on Mother's Day.

I'm blessed to be a mom to two beautiful young women and to still have my own mom, she's 82.  My mother however wasn't so fortunate; her mother died a few days after she was born.  Her childhood was not rosy. In response I think she was determined to create a stable home for her own daughters.  She admitted that at times she felt at a loss, that because she lacked a role model she felt uncertain about motherhood.  But don't all moms, and those who fill the role of mom,  often feel that way?  I know I certainly did (and sometimes still do).



So today Mom may I say that you are a great mom.  May I say that I appreciate all the mundane tasks and sacrifices you made to ensure that we had a safe home, hot meals, clean clothes, vacations, dance classes, encouragement  and love.  May I tell you that you created for us many memories and may I remind you how much you are cherished and loved. Mother may I?

Thank you for stopping in at My Turquoise Kettle Life today.

May you have day full of appreciation,

Sandra





No comments:

Post a Comment