Friday 9 August 2013

Recycling Inspiration

A recycled bedspread creates subtle texture and colour as a cover for a bench and pillows.
S. King-Allikas
 
 
This short post is just to inspire you to think outside of the box when it comes to throwing or giving away old linens, throws, spreads etc.    I've just spent a couple of hours snipping and sewing a bedspread that my mom was giving away.
 
We have a six foot long white upholstered Ikea bench in our living room (a Kijiji find!).  I absolutely love white upholstered furnishings, but with a mud-loving dog, relaxed life style and my easy-going attitude about cleaning, I loathe taking off those Ikea slip covers and washing them. 
 
BEFORE: Ikea upholstered bench with white slip covers
 
 
My solution, thanks to my  mom's donation, was to sew two made-to-measure covers for the upholstered bench (while one is being laundered I have the other to use).  The scalloped edges  create a soft effect and with the left over fabric I recovered two pillows. 
 
AFTER: Easy clean cover and pillows
 
Now I have the beauty of white furnishings with the ease of washing nothing more than a small cover. 
 
Thank you for stopping by at My Turquoise Kettle Life.
 
May your day be covered with possibilities,
 
Sandra
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment