Monday 7 January 2013

Make your own whole wheat sugar free pita bread

Healthy Whole Wheat Pita Bread
(No Oil or Sugar)
Sandra King-Allikas

 Sometimes desperation forces me to take radical actions.  Such was the case when for the second week in a row I haven't been able to find my usual whole wheat pita bread.  I'm particular when it comes to my food (some would say picky). I don't want to eat sugar, white flour or ingredients that I wouldn't use in my own cooking.  I also don't especially like a list of ingredients that says it may contain something or it may not.  After reading the ingredients list of four other whole wheat pita bread packages I left without any.

But wait, this story has a very happy ending.  I found a recipe on line click here for recipe for Healthy Whole Wheat Pita Bread (No Oil or Sugar).  One batch yields 10 pitas (mine made 8) which is enough for an entire week.  In addition, this recipe was quick and easy but the best, best part is how delicious they taste.

I am no kitchen goddess, so when I say this was easy, you can be sure that it is really easy.

Thank you for stopping by My Turquoise Kettle Life today.

Wishing you a delicious day,

Sandra


No comments:

Post a Comment