Monday 28 January 2013

Hand Painted Table Runner No. 2


A few months ago I published a post on how to make a hand painted table runner.  That first table runner had a floral design and today, I just want to very quickly show you another that I have completed that is a whimsical version using birds and chicks as the design theme.

Hand Painted Table Runner
S. King-Allikas


Hand Painted Table Runner
S. King-Allikas
 
What I thought was fun was to use bits of collage to represent the birds' wings.  I used a palette knife to paint most of the background and then a brush to outline the birds.  Placing the birds in different directions avoids the design from having a one way orientation only.
 
You could make a few of these and tuck them away for gift giving.  Just remember that to store these table runners you will need to roll them up, not fold them.
 
Thanks for visiting My Turquoise Kettle Life today,
 
Wishing you a fun and whimsical day,
 
Sandra

 
 



 



No comments:

Post a Comment