Friday 2 March 2012

Landscape Painting

I've had a fun week of painting.  I'm struggling at the  moment with a figurative painting that just needs to "rest" until I can come back to it feeling refreshed.  In the meantime I decided to just "play" with a large canvas (40" x 30") that already had a lot of history. 

I wanted to do something wild, abstract, playful. In the end it seems that "wild" just isn't in my nature!  I am pleased however with the resulting mixed media landscape.  My eye enjoys travelling around the painting exploring how the lights and darks are playing off one another and solving the mystery in the foreground.

Landscape #1201
Mixed Media on 40" x 30" Canvas
Next week I will re-visit my figurative painting challenge and with a little inspiration maybe I'll be able to find solutions to what is currently not working. 

Thank you for stopping by My Turquoise Kettle Life.

Wishing you a day full of inspiration,

Sandra

No comments:

Post a Comment