Wednesday 18 March 2020

A Little Bear Repair

Last year my 85 year old mom gave my grandson Eli a very old teddy bear that she had been given years earlier.  Apparently the bear is quite old, he has a fully articulated head and limbs but no label that would give us a clue as to his history.  He was in decent condition with the exception of the pads of his paws, the fabric on them had disintegrated and with the slightest touch would rub away.



I rubbed off the fragile brown fabric and on a sunny afternoon in the comfort of my bed, I set to replacing it with some fuzzy cream fabric that I found. 



gentle stitching under the watchful eye of Pepper the kitten.
Nearly as good as new



Sometimes when we are feeling worn and frayed, the gentle touch of a friend can help to set us right again.  Remember to reach out to those who may be feeling isolated or alone today. 

Thank you for stopping by My Turquoise Kettle Life today,

May you be well,
Sandra

No comments:

Post a Comment