Saturday 19 October 2013

When Life Hurts




Ow.  Life sometimes hurts:pain, fear, uncertainly, loss.  Sometimes it is true that we need to soldier on, one foot in front of the other; through our numbness.  Evenutally though a time comes when we should tip toe away to our safe place; a place where we can cry our tears, nurse our wounds, pray our prayers, write our words of pain.  Whether we visit a trusted friend, a place in nature or just a tub brimming with warm water and fragrance, we need to give ourselves permission to go as often and for as long as we need.



Let me find a hide-a-way.

A shelter where I feel safe and secure



so that when life's flood waters rise and threaten to swamp me,
 
and when I feel lost and alone,

 
I may look around and see that I am in fact surrounded by family and friends and sheltered in their love.

 
 
Thank you for stopping in at My Turquoise Kettle Life today,
 
May you be sheltered in love always,
 
Sandra

No comments:

Post a Comment